Gooey Chocolate Caramel Oat BarsPin It
The cookies are sooo delicious they are dangerous! The perfect combination of crispiness and gooeyness will have you eating straight out of the pan.
Gooey Chocolate Caramel Oat Bars
- 2 1/4 cups flour (divided)
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups cold butter or margarine (I’ve found that margarine makes these softer)
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 jar (12 oz) caramel ice cream topping
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine 2 cups flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt. Cut margarine in with fork or pastry blender (I use my Kitchenaid for uniform crumbles). Press half of the mixture into the bottom of a greased 9×13 pan and bake for 15 minutes.
Sprinkle chocolate chips over baked crust. Mix caramel sauce with remaining 1/4 cup flour and pour over chocolate chips. Sprinkle with remaining crust and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting.